Curious about how detoxing works? If you’re a follower of today’s trend toward wellness, you’re probably thinking about trying it but are still confused about its benefits.
Detoxing has had its fair share of bad rep. Some mistake it with food deprivation, or drinking weird looking smoothies and disgusting juices. In fact, detoxing is not about drinking weird concoctions; it is flushing away the toxins from your body and augmenting your diet to include healthier food.
Still not sure about getting a detox? Here are five major benefits of detoxing that just might convince you.
- Detoxing helps you achieve that beach bod. Each day, we are unwittingly ingesting toxins from the food we eat. Left unchecked and unregulated, these toxins can eventually affect our body functions. In fact, toxins affect the body’s natural ability to burn fat, leading to poor metabolism and weight gain. Heart disease, bad cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity are directly linked to weight issues. Detoxing helps flush away toxins that are stored in fats cells and increases metabolism.
- Detoxing shields you from viruses. A weak immune system makes your body an easy target of colds, flu and different diseases that affect your quality of life and performance. Detoxing helps strengthen your immune system, giving back the energy you need while flushing away unnecessary toxins that are secretly keeping you down.
- Detoxing helps prevent chronic diseases. Cancers, neurological diseases, heart disease, and strokes are caused by lifestyle choices and environmental toxins. Although our body has its own defense for these deadly diseases, the demands of everyday life overload our body systems, causing it them function poorly. Detoxing can assist and prevent chronic diseases, and can help the body do its job naturally.
- Detoxing restores balance to your body systems. Our digestive, nervous, and hormonal systems are designed to work together to achieve the body’s most conducive performance. Overloading our body with harmful toxins and unhealthy foods keeps these systems from performing well. Detoxing helps keep us in our optimum health by locking in the necessary vitamins to aid bodily functions.
- Detoxing gives you flawless skin. Your skin is no exception against harmful toxins. Soaps and creams can only do so much in helping you achieve a clear complexion. What you eat will affect how your skin looks. Detoxing prevents acne and helps get rid of skin impurities. It also strengthens hair and nails, and gives our skin a natural, healthy glow.
Ready to try detoxing yet? Share us your thoughts about this health trend in the comments section below.